1. I’m back!!! Where have you been all my life?!
2. New leotard=unstoppable
3. How can I still do multiple turns, but can’t remember how to tendu?
5. Happy, happy, happy…
6. I believe I can fly again…
(Via Pinterest: The Ballet Blog)
7. Forgot how glorious that after-class feeling is…
8. Really should organize my ballet bag someday…
You’ve always wondered…Here’s the truth… 😉
1. Daydream About Dance
All the time. Everywhere we go. When you would never suspect it.
2. Choreograph in Our Thoughts
If we’re listening to music, there’s a good chance we’re mentally creating, staging, or restaging ballets.
3. Binge on YouTube Ballet Videos
Oops, 6 hours just passed? Oh well…
4. Read About Ballet
As difficult as it is to remain still (if we’re not watching dance), we suffer through it for articles, books, and blogs about ballet…
5. Sew Our Pointe Shoes
It must be done—like it or not. But listening to ballet music, a ballet podcast, or a ballet advice video helps pass the time…
6. Cross Train!
This is why you watch/listen to TV, right?
7. Look at Social Media Accounts of Our Favorite Dancers
They. Are. So. Amazing. #Goals
8. Try Not to Obsess About How Much We Want to Be Dancing Right This Very Minute
Yes, we know we need to rest. And yet…
9. Binge on YouTube Ballet Videos: Round 2 (or 3 or 4…)
Seriously, how did bunheads survive before YouTube?
10. Do Things Totally Unrelated to Ballet
It’s a good change of pace. Then it starts to feel really weird and boring…
Know that feeling? 😉 Hope your summer is filled with many ballet victories! 🙂
How is your summer going? What stage are you experiencing? 😉
1. Post-Recital Blues
How is ballet season over yet?!
2. Summer Intensive Prep
Just focus on summer intensive, focus on summer intensive…
3. Summer Intensive
4. Intensive Performance
THIS. IS. WHAT. SUMMER. IS. ABOUT.
5. Post-Intensive Slump
Can this please be over yet?
6. Beginning of Nutcracker Season
Time to start thinking about auditions! September is just around the corner!
7. First-Day-of-Fall-Classes Countdown
And 5,6,7,8 – can’t wait!
Certainly not unique to dance critics… 😉